Bear Cartage was established in 1994 by Tom Urso with the help of his wife, Marie. Over the years, Bear has grown from a handful of employees and owner operators to a company with 28 employees and a large owner operator fleet. Bear Cartage is proud of the fact that the employees and owner operators feel at home with Bear and enjoy the family atmosphere. We are also proud of the fact that we have employees and owner operators who have been with the company since the doors opened in 1994.
Bear Cartage is a logistics company that handles cross-town as well as truckload work. Our truckload work covers the Midwestern states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Bear provides competitive rates with top of the line customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have website load tracking capabilities and instant document retrieval. The minute our customers do business with Bear, they know that their freight is in good hands.
If you are interested in doing business with a company that has "Bearable" rates, reliable owner operators, company drivers, and employees who always put the customer first call us at (708) 924-9093 and ask for Jamie Schmidt or Tony Urso.
- "Bearable" rates: cross-town and truckload
- State of the art customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- EDI Capabilities
- Website load tracking
- Instant document retrieval
- Twenty and forty foot Tri-Axle chassis fleet
- Transportation of chassis stacks by trained drivers and owner operators
- Load lift capabilities with Cub Terminal, LLC
- Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, and Wisconsin truckload work